Read The New Posts
- Rehab Presents Cool Dude Munya Feat Chris James ‘Love Them Girls’ (@CoolDudeMunya) July 27, 2015
- Myke Pimp feat Mariachi ‘Harare Harairwe’ Video Premiers (@MykePimp) July 27, 2015
- ‘I embraced the hip hop culture at a very early age.I didn’t even know what it was but it felt right’ (@Blacperl1) July 27, 2015
- Reverb 7 – Simba Tagz – Tehn Diamond (Na Na Na) – Zim Hiphop 2015 July 26, 2015
- 7 Facebook Accounts You Wont Regret Following July 24, 2015
- Would You Pay $10 For Zim Hip-hop Show? Misred (@iMisred) Asks July 23, 2015
- 12 Of Zimboy’s Favourite Zim Rappers July 23, 2015
- Pmula x Ishy X & Xndr – Ma Standards (Zim Hip-hop Song Download) July 20, 2015
- When I Was High Part 5: Talking Hip-hop With A Mosquito July 7, 2015
- Born Allahu Seven: Lost Scrolls Review July 2, 2015
What's Mcpotar Up To
Mcpotar (also Michael Mupotaringa) is a Bulawayo born Zimbabwean hip-hop emcee, award winning hip-hop blogger, 2-D animator and practicing Dental Therapist, whose style of rap had early influence much from Kanye West, P.Diddy and Zubz. His rap is mostly a mixture of English and Shona, with a few verses where he has expressed in Ndebele. Mcpotar’s subject matters are mostly a depiction of social struggle and spirituality though he does have themes on about love-life,braggadocio, glamour and party-life occasionally.
Current and Recent Projects
The artiste has released 3 singles from the beginning of 2015, the most recent being Zvakusungisa, a catchy upbeat rap-song that playfully takes a jibe at jealousy over success and marginalization. The production is on it has been done by The Hitmen. In 2014 the artiste released 2 Videos off his debut EP, The Mcpotar EP and is now currently completing the video to That’s All, a Christian single released on i-Tunes when the year was young. Besides music he has been presenting and producing a budding online hip-hop show known as Zaangoma, doing seminars on social media and authoring a book among other things.
Mcpotar grew up doing winning literary contests for prose and poetry at Milton Junior School, then spent most of his high school life self producing demos in friends rooms against his parents will. He met Navy Seal along the way in boarding school and they’ve worked hand in hand since. Platforms such as Mashoko by Magamba elevated his talent by a long shot. He has also worked with Sharky, Xndr, First Class Beatz, Annie Maliki, Thembelihle Zulu, The Art Department and Quence Motion along with other artistes of his time.
In 2013 Mcpotar established a website known as www.mcpotar.com which focused on music, opinion articles and artiste reviews. It scored him writing gigs with platforms such as Kalabash Media, Zim Link (as Chief Editor), News24Zim and 3-mob. Furthermore he got featured in the Daily News, The Sunday News, The Southern Eye, Newsday and innumerable blogs in 2014 for his multiple gifts and milestones. The relevance of his writing managed to feed his music and fan base throughout 2014 leading to the Zimbabwe Hip-hop Award’s best online media award victory. In 2015, he plans to perform more and enter the mainstream through radio, television and all available mediums.
You can learn more about Mcpotar on his website: http://www.mcpotar.com
Twitter: @Mcpotar |Facebook: http://fb.me/sirmcpotar |Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of the stuff on the site
Michelle "Mimy" Huni is a young rising female Hip-hop blogger who also contributes to this site. Mostly famous for her article on side-chicks (click here to read). You can click here to read the rest of her Hip-hop reviews and opinions. Also follow her social media accounts.
Feel free to submit Hip-hop reviews, spammers will be blocked.